Address For Neuschwanstein Castle – The Neuschwanstein Castle is located at only 3 km away from the touristic town of Fussen in Bavaria. The castle is is also very close to Munich, the capital of Bavaria.
Neuschwanstein – Tours:
- You can only visit the lavish interior of the castle as part of a guided tour; a tour lasts approximately 30 minutes.
- English tours are available; tours for wheelchairs are available every Wednesday
- Buy your tickets at the Ticket Center Hohenschwangau, located just below the castle.
- Cost: €9 for adults, €8 for students; kids under 18 free
Good to Know:
- You can take a horse-drawn carriage up the hill to the castle (€5)
- No photographing or filming is allowed inside the castle – for best panoramic pictures, take the walk up to Mary’s bridge, which crosses a spectacular waterfall and gives you a breathtaking view of Neuschwanstein and the plains beyond
- Neuschwanstein is very crowded in summer (6,000 visitors a day); the best time to visit is spring or fall
- Combine Neuschwanstein with a visit of the Castle Hohenschwangau, where Ludwig spent most of his life; it’s lesser known, but no less spectacular
- Neuschwanstein is the highlight of the scenic drive Romantic Road